BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Removing fuel injector plugs Empty Removing fuel injector plugs Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:33 pm

chronostorm

Hey guys. So, I've removed 2 of the fuel injector plugs (electrical socket, right?), but I'm having issues getting the other two out.

To be honest, I just yanked on the first two, but I can't get the other two out the same way. Is there some kind of trick to getting these plugs out, or do I just need to pull harder?

Thanks!

2Back to top Go down   Removing fuel injector plugs Empty Re: Removing fuel injector plugs Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:21 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
There is a small stainless wire clip you will need to remove it using a small screwdriver or a scribe with fine point.

If the other two came off easily check to see they have the clip as it prevents them comming adrift accidentally.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

3Back to top Go down   Removing fuel injector plugs Empty Re: Removing fuel injector plugs Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:44 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Chronostorm on mine the small spring clip needs to be pushed in as you pull it off. That is common for that style of Bosch electrical connector. If you grasp it with your finger and thumb with one of them depressing the spring as you go to pull it off it comes of so easily one is not aware of pushing it down.
Regards,
K-BIKE

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum