BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

hot_seat

hot_seat
I saw my outut shaft today and the rivets are wobble and loose so i am going to ream them out to a true hole,machine some new one up and hope to convert to 12 rivet,has anyone done this and some hints would be valued

Tony

japuentes

japuentes
Life time member
Life time member
As far as I know, buy an original, used, 12 rivets spare is faster, easier, cheaper, and safe.
Best regrads
JAP

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
Hotseat, you're running two threads on the same issue. Close this one and continue with

http://k100rt.aforumfree.com/t2477-output-shaft-inspection#20513

so that in the future other information seekers can find all the information in the same spot.

There is a thread already completed here somewhere that details the parts required for the 12 rivet upgrade. I've posted that link on the a/m thread.

1988 K100RS SE VIN 01477554

hot_seat

hot_seat
So how do i close a thread club_c ?

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
Well.. you can't. An administrator could if they felt it was necessary. Just continue your output shaft adventures on the other thread.

1988 K100RS SE VIN 01477554

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
good point clubie ......i too was jumping between both

but i see hotseat's (oops) intensions were good ....as in starting a new thread for the question ...although there is already lots of similar threads

http://k100rt.aforumfree.com/search?search_keywords=output+shaft

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum