BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   How to balance throttle bodies ? Empty How to balance throttle bodies ? Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:50 pm

Buckiemick

Hi from freezing cold east coast of Scotland ! This is my first call for help with my '86 K100RT and would appreciate all advice as I'm workshop skill
-challenged but will give most things a try. I've had my bike for about 6 months and enjoyed a few UK based trips but as my confidence in the bike has increased I'll be venturing across the channel and as such want to repair/tweak a few things. First off I have to replace the fork seals(one is misting) and want to know if the forks can be removed without having to take the fairing to pieces ?
Secondly I have a Morgan Carbtune 11 and would like to balance the throttle bodies-has anyone used this type of gauge before and do you have any advice/photos or a sequence to follow.

Many thanks in advance and prepare yourselves for more begging letters !!!

Regards,Mike.

2Back to top Go down   How to balance throttle bodies ? Empty Re: How to balance throttle bodies ? Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:20 pm

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
About replacing fork seals, have a look in the tutorial section (front page, bottom).......
and no.... you don`t need to tear apart the fairing.

Have no experience with Morgan Carbtune........but shouldn`t be that much different from others?

Inge K.

3Back to top Go down   How to balance throttle bodies ? Empty Re: How to balance throttle bodies ? Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:47 pm

ReneZ

ReneZ
Life time member
Life time member
Hi there from the other side of Scotland! Nothing really difficult. Before you start adjusting make sure you clean all electrical connections (requires removal of the tank;very simple). Carbtune is easy, but you'll want to use a little T piece for cylinder No. 4

Rene

BMW K100 - 1985 (0030029) Scotland How to balance throttle bodies ? Rain
BMW K1200GT - 2003 (ZK01223) Florida
BMW K1200GT - 2004 (ZK27240) Australia

4Back to top Go down   How to balance throttle bodies ? Empty Re: How to balance throttle bodies ? Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:55 pm

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member

1988 K100RS SE VIN 01477554

5Back to top Go down   How to balance throttle bodies ? Empty Re: How to balance throttle bodies ? Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:40 pm

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Yep, C that is exactly the link I was trying to remember!

6Back to top Go down   How to balance throttle bodies ? Empty Re: How to balance throttle bodies ? Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:11 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
lucky the rt-lt s have a side pocket ...easily removed... to get at the fork clamps ...(triple clamps) ...makes life so much easyier

welcome mick ...have fun mate !!!

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

7Back to top Go down   How to balance throttle bodies ? Empty Re: How to balance throttle bodies ? Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:36 am

zonenfeile

zonenfeile
Gold member
Gold member
Secondly I have a Morgan Carbtune 11 and would like to balance the
throttle bodies-has anyone used this type of gauge before and do you
have any advice/photos or a sequence to follow.

usually there i no need to adjust the throttle bodies !
poor running is a result of leakages
except someone did somthing stupid before.

always 1st step : excange all rubber parts incl cleaning the throttle bodys in and outside, replacing all o-rings partliste here

than step 2: sychronisation either with gauges or even better:
udiag 2 or 3 system - made by Michael Koecher (six1)
his new system is even cheaper and works with android app Very Happy

for more info: koecher electronics

some impressions: U-DIAG 3

Michael knows our K´s very well !!

Here in Ger. we´ve got several of his systems and hand it from one to the next patient.
maybe UK/Scottland could collect some (160,00 ) € and order a system
there is no better system on the market

K- Wiki - or rtfm first

Regards from Hamburg

Olaf

8Back to top Go down   How to balance throttle bodies ? Empty Re: How to balance throttle bodies ? Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:46 am

ReneZ

ReneZ
Life time member
Life time member
Oei, some remark there ;-)

I have a ProfSync, also German origin, which works flawless. Seems to be a bit of history between the two systems on Flyingbrick.de, but either will be perfect for the job.

Happy to help :-)

Rene

BMW K100 - 1985 (0030029) Scotland How to balance throttle bodies ? Rain
BMW K1200GT - 2003 (ZK01223) Florida
BMW K1200GT - 2004 (ZK27240) Australia

9Back to top Go down   How to balance throttle bodies ? Empty Re: How to balance throttle bodies ? Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:53 am

zonenfeile

zonenfeile
Gold member
Gold member
Seems to be a bit of history between the two systems on Flyingbrick.de

yes its true - How to balance throttle bodies ? 652573

udiag 3 is the latest version of all

K- Wiki - or rtfm first

Regards from Hamburg

Olaf

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]