You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Rev Counter Empty Rev Counter Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:50 pm

twincarb

twincarb
Life time member
Life time member
Evening all...

Just spent the day playing with the old K the engine is now running bit hesitant when the throttle is twisted mind but I will look at that later.

The Rev counter wasn't working so went into logic mode checked the wiring out to the cluster all good.... Whipped the cluster apart and not looking good inside...

The Rev Counter side must have got wet inside as there was corrosion galore I have cleaned everything up and had to replace a broken leg that go's onto the meter itself. As can be seen below.

Rev Counter Imag0212

I have put it all back together and tested the unit and the Rev counter itself works. The gear selector indicator doesn't mind hmmmpphhh.

I have had a look at moto-bins and they stock 2 parts one is Rev Counter for £100 and the other is £66.50 gear display and cct board. Need to phone them tomorrow unless anyone knows if the £100 part includes the gear display?

Rev Counter 169042Rev Counter 169034

2Back to top Go down   Rev Counter Empty Re: Rev Counter Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:20 pm

sidecar paul

sidecar paul
Life time member
Life time member

3Back to top Go down   Rev Counter Empty Re: Rev Counter Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:58 pm

twincarb

twincarb
Life time member
Life time member
Nice find there paul....

My rev counter seems to be working ok at the moment thankfully... not too sure if it is accurate mind due to the resistance in the wire I replaced being of a different size and resistance! But it does the job I need it to, lol...

I am on the hunt for a LCD board mind ....

4Back to top Go down   Rev Counter Empty Re: Rev Counter Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:29 am

ReneZ

ReneZ
Life time member
Life time member
Careful guys, there has been a discussion on a UK board and the actual board shown is for the speedo, not for the tacho. I purchased one to repair my speedo, but haven't done it yet. Its the board that sits on the bottom back part of the speedo.

Rene

BMW K100 - 1985 (0030029) Scotland Rev Counter Rain
BMW K1200GT - 2003 (ZK01223) Florida
BMW K1200GT - 2004 (ZK27240) Australia

5Back to top Go down   Rev Counter Empty Re: Rev Counter Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:53 am

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
ReneZ wrote:Careful guys, there has been a discussion on a UK board and the actual board shown is for the speedo, not for the tacho.

Yep, the picture shows a preamplifier for the speedo.

Here is another one from Ebay.UK which also is said to be a rev counter pcb,
but in fact is a pcb for the early low fuel level warning system (4 + 7 liter).

Last edited by Inge K. on Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Another dyslexic moment.)

6Back to top Go down   Rev Counter Empty Re: Rev Counter Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:40 pm

sidecar paul

sidecar paul
Life time member
Life time member
Well spotted guys....I'm so gullible....Embarassed

Paul.

7Back to top Go down   Rev Counter Empty Re: Rev Counter Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:22 am

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
Inge K. wrote:Here is another one from Ebay.UK which also is said to be a rev counter pcb,
but in fact is a pcb for the early low fuel level warning system (4 + 7 liter).

Just searching my tacho problem and came across this thread.

What I find concerning about that ebay link Inge posted is that the ebay seller is Motobins.

I wonder if someone looked at the oem number (which is the tacho board) and just assumed that was the part shown in the photo?
Thought they would know their stuff a bit better.

Now I am confused. I thoght this was for the fuel lights also but REALOEM shows it as item 4 and is indeed for the tacho.

Last edited by rossko on Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong info?)

Basic/2 6308802K100CJ  05/1988

K1100RS 0194321

8Back to top Go down   Rev Counter Empty Re: Rev Counter Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:30 am

twincarb

twincarb
Life time member
Life time member
Due to this forum I double check parts which have a part number on Realoem to confirm that the description and part numbers match up.

Shouldn't be needed from the big boys but then again some descriptions aren't that great. Even from BMW direct all shims for our K's are listed as "Spacer" no hint of the thickness in the description!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum