BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Hello-Introduce Empty Hello-Introduce Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:18 am

Cristoff

Hello,
My name is Cristoff, im come from Poland-Cracow.
My bike is k100 rs 1985 year, more than 125 000 km. I like it very much - loved dry clutch, cardan shaft,and separate engine/g.box and driveline. Only thing i would like to change in it, is handlebar - coz in rs is too sporty for me.
This is my second gearman bike, before i had AWO Simson 250.
Hope my english be understandable.

Regards
Cristoff

2Back to top Go down   Hello-Introduce Empty Re: Hello-Introduce Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:33 am

phil_mars

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Cristoff and welcome.

Your English is fine and I have enough trouble speaking one language. Very Happy

As far as the handlebars go I have seen a number of posts around the traps suggesting K75S or C bars but I am not sure how you would go with cables etc.

Certainly worth a separate post to see what others think.

Regards,

Phil

3Back to top Go down   Hello-Introduce Empty Re: Hello-Introduce Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:19 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
HI Cristoff,
Your English is brilliant and great to have you join us from Poland. I was just in the Bletchley Park site where the decoding of the German military cryptographic codes was done.

All the work was based upon the work of brilliant Polish mathematicians/cryptographers who knowing Poland was about to be overrun gave the results of about 8 years cryptographic analysis and theory to Britain. That gave the UK the springboard to move forward with the decoding of the Enigma machine codes.
Regards,
K-BIKE

4Back to top Go down   Hello-Introduce Empty Re: Hello-Introduce Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:41 am

Cristoff

Hi Phil
It is good idea to change, but i think all of linkage need to be longer. I just think about to put whole system from k 1100 model or any other lt.

K-Bike - nice to hear that ! Its funny- im just reading book now, about Enigma-and how do they decode it.

Cristoff

5Back to top Go down   Hello-Introduce Empty Hello-Introduce Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:54 am

Comberjohn

Comberjohn
Life time member
Life time member
Hi Cristoff
Good to hear from you.
Have a look at this link to ebay. ebay UK
Its for a pair of handlebar risers for the K100RS/RT and might just give you the position you want. Look like a good piece of kit too.
The auction still has a week to go.

Comberjohn

http://www.johnsdrivingschool.co

6Back to top Go down   Hello-Introduce Empty Re: Hello-Introduce Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:38 pm

boristhebike

boristhebike
VIP
VIP
Hi from London Cristoff. Your English is a lot better than my Polish!! Please tell how you got on with the handlebars. I did had a RT (a car killed it) now I have a RS. I Love the bike but it is a bit low on the bars. The RS is a far nicer to ride than the RT (handles better, quicker, more fun), but yes it a small pain in the wrist.
Good riding Boris the Bike
cheers

7Back to top Go down   Hello-Introduce Empty Re: Hello-Introduce Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:22 am

boristhebike

boristhebike
VIP
VIP
Hi Comberjohn, after all these years I ever knew such things existed (handlebars risers). Obvious now I Know. Must investigate further. Thanks. B.T.B

8Back to top Go down   Hello-Introduce Empty Re: Hello-Introduce Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:06 am

Cristoff

Hello,
I find also risers at local dealer.
You can look at...
Handlebar Risers 25mm/25mm
Other risers:
Risers

I think Ill made CAD draw, and gave someone to prepare it on laser cut machine - then ill decide how much rise it etc.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum