BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Running W/O instrument cluster Empty Running W/O instrument cluster Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:33 am

motojava

motojava
I'm doing an very stripped down cafe conversion on my K. Want to run it without any instrument cluster. Will I have problems with any of the functionality of the bike? I know it's sacrilege to many- so please Very Happy forgive me if it offends.

2Back to top Go down   Running W/O instrument cluster Empty Re: Running W/O instrument cluster Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:07 am

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
Welcome to the madhouse, motojava.

W/o the cluster you would need to pull the clutch to get power to starter button.
And you must keep the charging telltale bulb, your alternator won't charge w/o it.

3Back to top Go down   Running W/O instrument cluster Empty Re: Running W/O instrument cluster Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:45 am

klompy the grey brick

klompy the grey brick
VIP
VIP
what a simple instrument pod...one light!!!!...they do say less is more....

Chassis number0019026
Vehicle code0503
SeriesK589
ModelK 100 RS 83 (0502 ( 0503 )
Body typeK 100 RS 83 (0502
Catalog modelECE
Production date1984 / 07
Engine0513)

Running W/O instrument cluster Au-log10

4Back to top Go down   Running W/O instrument cluster Empty Re: Running W/O instrument cluster Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:58 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
three would be better, high beam , charge and neutral ....bit like the old honda 750 4s

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

5Back to top Go down   Running W/O instrument cluster Empty Re: Running W/O instrument cluster Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:46 pm

Tenox

Tenox
Life time member
Life time member
I have only high beam and oil warning lights, but my battery is fine (did almost 800km last autumn when I bought this brick). Wondering now that maybe that is not oil light although it has oilcan pic on it.. It might be charge. It does not turn on unless the kill switch is on. I'm installing the indicator light and would like to get the neutral light to work, but not sure if I can. Picture of my instrument panel:

http://kotisivu.dnainternet.net/ajk73/EV2.jpg

6Back to top Go down   Running W/O instrument cluster Empty Re: Running W/O instrument cluster Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:40 pm

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
To find out if it's oil pressure light that is in use, disconnect the oil pressure switch down at the water/oil pump....and see if it makes any difference.

About the neutral light, search "Acewell instrument" in this forum....then you would find out how to wire a aftermarket instrument neutral lamp circuit by using relays.

7Back to top Go down   Running W/O instrument cluster Empty Re: Running W/O instrument cluster Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:10 pm

Tenox

Tenox
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks again mate.

8Back to top Go down   Running W/O instrument cluster Empty Re: Running W/O instrument cluster Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:18 pm

motojava

motojava
Great thx!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum