BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jozensg

jozensg
Hey y'all,
I'm George and found a sweet deal on an '86 K100RS, black one. It need some love and I had the time. I put tires, battery and a fuel pump system on it. Then cleaned up years of crud and rock chips and it looks pretty good from 20' Wink
It has 62k on its clock and runs great. But the instrument got trashed and now the speedo/tach doesn't work anymore. Been riding with the wife and the rear shock has decided the seal was too old for it and is leaking on the swingarm.

So who has parts? I would also like to change my position on the bike to more of a touring style... I'm old and want to be set back, instead of upright. Any ideas or better yet parts for sale (seat, bars, windshield)

Thanx for letting me hang out here... George from Utah, new rider on a K100RS 1106080553

JimK

JimK
Gold member
Gold member
Welcome Joseng.

Advise that you go spend time reading the newbies section and then the other sections of the forum pertaining to your specific questions.

You can use the little search box on the forum page.

3Back to top Go down   George from Utah, new rider on a K100RS Empty Hmmmm Sun May 26, 2013 12:19 am

jozensg

jozensg
I've been stalking this site for months and I just can't remember or find a "NEWBIES" section... Wink

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
didnt know there was one ...

your probably looking for what might be termed .."barbacks " the internet is full of them

a few guys have done 50 mm up and 50mm back on the rs ....and seem to have found a nice place to ride with that but keep in mind that the bmw bars are slightly smaller in diameter than the standard 7/8" types

about the rear .....nothing for it but to get the rear shock either rebuilt (there are some folks that do this ) ....or replaced ,, a good alternative might be the RAM SHOCK from realm engineering in uk ....but "rj trucker" could find you a suitable "yss" unit for a little less ...i havent tried them to know how good they are ...

good luck mate

and welcome aboard

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

JimK

JimK
Gold member
Gold member
George,
Meant the "so you bought a k100", on the portal page.
Realize that I was no help at all. Smile
Hmm...was a late night.
Anyway, hope that you find what you need on this forum.

krambo

krambo
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the site George

Life time member
Life time member
Speedo and clock should be easily got secondhand. Some members have use electronic bicycle ones to great effect. Good look with the bike.

George from Utah, new rider on a K100RS 177912

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum