BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

roys

Silver member
Silver member
Hi,

Can anyone recomand tank bags that fit the K100? I need it to carry a full SLR camera and a pocket for a map on top and perhaps some ore little things.

I want to several local shops and while some do have straps on top of useless magnets it seemed as if I would need to lift tank and attach straps permanently - which i did not want to do.

Do you have personal experience with such bags? Picture will be a great help as well.

Seems I am going to make the customs men happy again....

tnx
Roy

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
There is an official BMW tank bag which is still available and called the Multi-Vario I believe!
Regards,
K-BIKE

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Roy,

I am using a standard tank bag. The straps clip on the tank bag.

The front strap is permanently attached to the steering column, but cannot be seen when the bag is not on the tank.

The back strap is also permanently installed under the gas tank, and when not using the bag, I tuck each side under the bike side covers.

I will try to take some pictures.

Can anyone recomand tank bags that fit the K100? Frog15Can anyone recomand tank bags that fit the K100? Logo2101986 k75, 1985 K100rt, 1985 K100rt/EML GT2 sidecar, 1999 K1200lt/Hannigan Astro Sport sidecar.

roys

Silver member
Silver member
pics will be great
tnx

Crazy Frog wrote:Roy,

I am using a standard tank bag. The straps clip on the tank bag.

The front strap is permanently attached to the steering column, but cannot be seen when the bag is not on the tank.

The back strap is also permanently installed under the gas tank, and when not using the bag, I tuck each side under the bike side covers.

I will try to take some pictures.

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Roy,

I just did a quick job on the bike and I had the opportunity to take pictures.

The back strap stays permanently under the tank.
When I don't have the tank bag, I just put the strap on the back of the side cover

Can anyone recomand tank bags that fit the K100? DSC_0515

The front clips are attached to a nylon cord that drops into the fairing when not used.
The rubber strap keeps the cord around the steering column

Can anyone recomand tank bags that fit the K100? DSC_0518

The tank bag installed on the bike

Can anyone recomand tank bags that fit the K100? DSC_0517

Can anyone recomand tank bags that fit the K100? Frog15Can anyone recomand tank bags that fit the K100? Logo2101986 k75, 1985 K100rt, 1985 K100rt/EML GT2 sidecar, 1999 K1200lt/Hannigan Astro Sport sidecar.

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Roy,
One point to remember in sandy conditions tank bags can scratch the paint on the tank due to vibration and small movements of the tank bag.
Regards,
K-BIKE

popov

Hi

bagster tank bag (made in france)
are great, but sligty expensive

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Anyone have experience with those tank bags they sell at Motobins? I believe they are the Held German brand...

I use a piece of that non-skid material that is often used in the drawers of toolboxes to cover the top of the tank where the bag and straps might chafe the paint. I wax the tank before using it. I clean it out whenever I am traveling and refueling. The tank bag I use is a Dry Rider brand, a small one, but Held are great products. The best bag of all to me is the BMW Multivario. It fits specifically, is expensive, has a waterproof cover, is expensive, and looks the biz. But it is expensive, but it works. Did I mention it is spendy?

Can anyone recomand tank bags that fit the K100? Multiv10

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Well, that pretty much sums up my weakness for BMW in general. Stylish AND functional! Oh yeah, and be prepared to hand over the wallet. Shocked

OG

I used them on my two Airheads, my new K1200S and on an R1150R I had for a short while. They expand, and can be made short too, and are incredibly versatile. The best part is that the mounts are tailored for the specific model of BMW. I think they're around $300 in the United States. This was the part number for the K100 model tank bag... 71 60 7 666 496.

They superseded a lot and this one appears to be NLA. I should think a dealer or two might have one and be willing to part with it quick smart. We don't want a stocked part having a 'birthday' on the shelf, now do we!?

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
You good Sir are going to be a bad influence!

I go by the credo that if you spend most of your hard-earned filthy lucre on motorbikes and related accessories then you can't spend it on bad things like wine, women and song. Wait a mo', those aren't so bad!

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Oh man! Can anyone recomand tank bags that fit the K100? 44271

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Two Wheels Better wrote:I go by the credo that if you spend most of your hard-earned filthy lucre on motorbikes and related accessories then you can't spend it on bad things like wine, women and song. Wait a mo', those aren't so bad!

I second the motion!

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Hey TWB,
Does this look like the genuine article that you had on your bike?
Thanks!

OG

Can anyone recomand tank bags that fit the K100? Screen10

That's an early Multivario. Check the base for a tag that specifies which Beemer it fits. Or gimme a part number from it to verify. Nice score.

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks Buddy! I'll see if I can get a P/N outta the guy? Do you know what these cost new?

A bit over 300 Sheckels US for a new one last time I checked. It'd be worth a hunnerd like this, easy, but only if it's got the raincover and the middle bit which unzips.

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Outstanding. Always good to be armed with quality info when bargaining. I'll owe you a bear if you make over this summer!

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
No joy on my end TWB. He can't find the cover or the zippered section. Needless to say in these parts a rain cover is essential, lol!

OG

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum