BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   spoke to soon Empty spoke to soon Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:31 am

yankeeone

Platinum member
Platinum member
Hi, every thing was great till... pushed starter small click .. nothing tried to jump, all lights went out on dash, switched bat, same switched starter same , checked grounds under tank when I remove them the dash lights come on. replace them they go out, the clock goes out when you switch the kill switch ,so no lights or any thing , the saver relay makes some noise but what! so I get nothing when I turn on the key, unless I pull the grounds, then just the dash lights, help. also the alt light took a a bit of revving to get it to go out that morning ,could the alt. be the problem.
Thanks
Brian

2Back to top Go down   spoke to soon Empty Re: spoke to soon Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:13 pm

yankeeone

Platinum member
Platinum member
All set.. bad connection at the bat. ground wire. Check the easy stuff first !

Brian

3Back to top Go down   spoke to soon Empty Re: spoke to soon Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:24 am

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
REALLY important connection that one, as an open circuit at revs anything above 2,500 or so will cause the alternator voltage to rocket up and fry the diodes in the alternator if you are lucky. If you are not a lot more electronics can get taken out.
Regards,
K-BIKE

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum