BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   plastic switch on handlebars Empty plastic switch on handlebars Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:34 pm

sandman jim

hi.. i am new to the forum i have just bought a k100rs can someone tell me what the plastic switch on the plastic handlebar cover is please.... regards jim plastic switch on handlebars Icon_smile

2Back to top Go down   plastic switch on handlebars Empty Re: plastic switch on handlebars Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:25 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Jim there are two or three plastic switches on the handlebar cover, does it have a light in it? If so what does it look like, is it original or after market? What year is your bike, does it have ABS? We need a bit more info to narrow it down, you can still get an owners manual from BMW and you can get some good workshop manuals and there is a copy of the Haynes one in the downloads section.
Regards,
K-BIKE

3Back to top Go down   plastic switch on handlebars Empty Re: plastic switch on handlebars Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:26 pm

sandman jim

hi..i collect bike on monday but when buying bike i recall 1 black switch on its own in the middle plain black no light on it and no other switches around it..the bike is a 1986 k100rs i dont think it as abs.. regards..jim plastic switch on handlebars Icon_smile

4Back to top Go down   plastic switch on handlebars Empty Re: plastic switch on handlebars Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:12 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
It will be interesting to see what it does do when you get it.
Regards,
K-BIKE

5Back to top Go down   plastic switch on handlebars Empty Re: plastic switch on handlebars Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:55 am

ReneZ

ReneZ
Life time member
Life time member
It's probably the one for the grip heating.

Rene

BMW K100 - 1985 (0030029) Scotland plastic switch on handlebars Rain
BMW K1200GT - 2003 (ZK01223) Florida
BMW K1200GT - 2004 (ZK27240) Australia

6Back to top Go down   plastic switch on handlebars Empty Re: plastic switch on handlebars Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:20 am

Cablebeacher

Silver member
Silver member
Hi Jim

a photo of the switch will probably get the answer for you.

Welcome to the forum

Mal Wells

7Back to top Go down   plastic switch on handlebars Empty Re: plastic switch on handlebars Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:38 am

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
The 2 most common switches are 4 ways flashers and heated grips.
You can also have one for auxiliary lights.

Bert

8Back to top Go down   plastic switch on handlebars Empty Re: plastic switch on handlebars Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:53 pm

sandman jim

Crazy Frog wrote:The 2 most common switches are 4 ways flashers and heated grips.
You can also have one for auxiliary lights.

Bert
hi there it 1 switch only is black when i took handlebar cover off it has 2 wires soldered to it....you can press it down once..then return it also to it normal position then if you press it upwards its springs back to normal position... any clues...regards jim plastic switch on handlebars Icon_smile plastic switch on handlebars Icon_smile plastic switch on handlebars Icon_smile

9Back to top Go down   plastic switch on handlebars Empty Re: plastic switch on handlebars Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:02 pm

elle

elle
Silver member
Silver member
Scotland

Results with your keyword in the course title
Motorcycle Maintenance Certificate (IMI)

Self Study (United Kingdom) |
Course type Self study without attendance | Duration Variable | Start details To be confirmed

About institution
Visit websiteRequest info

Motorcycle Maintenance Certificate

Self Study (United Kingdom) |
Course type Self study without attendance | Duration To suit the individual | Start details To Suit The Client/Individual

About institution
Visit websiteRequest info

Are these Online/distance learning All motorcycle maintenance, Central Scotland courses not what you're looking for?
Average rating for ICS Learn
Show all courses, undergraduate courses and reviews at ICS Learn

Hi sandy thought you might find these usefull,im a qualified m/c and car mechanic but the BMW K got me lost straight away but thanks to the helpfull people on this site and reading all available literature in downloads:
http://k100rt.aforumfree.com/downloads-f3/
have managed to get over jump in my head ie im riding a mini (works in my head cleared blockage).
the thing i went to M/C college in Nottingham for was electrics,but as soon as the lecturer drew a basic circuit and said "thats what each electrical component is basically " it clicked in my head.

Also with BMW its the classiest bike ive ever owned( bought one of the first CBR 600 when they came out and didnt give a toss about it wether or not i wrecked or chuffed it.But the BMW deserves respect and being older and broker(££$$$$$$) information is the best way.
And theres plenty here but tutorage cant hurt.
pete

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum