BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

51Back to top Go down   Ignition works, there's sparks, fuel, but no start. - Page 2 Empty I'm still in Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:42 am

ibjman

Life time member
Life time member
Where's your sporting sense Rick?  I'm betting for either the FPR or the pump (or both). I'm only betting against stuck injectors.  A pretty good bet????

You know, he could just bypass the FPR altogether just for testing and see if it'll start up at full fuel pump pressure. It should run well at say 60 psi if not smoke a bit at idle?????

Regards, Ibj...

TSBT

Silver member
Silver member
club_c wrote:I'll throw down $10 CAD ($9 USD) on sealed up injectors.  Had the same issues, ran good before, then took it apart for a refurb.  Injectors sat for several months, dried up and sealed up so tight even Indiana Jones couldn't have got back in.  No amount of cleaning would open them back up.  Bought a refurbed set of Ford truck injectors and she flashed straight up with a look of 'what took you so long?'
Now that there's money riding on this I should probably get my keester moving and make someone five bucks richer. 

Thinking of taking another stab at it tonight. New pump and new fuel filter arrived. So if my pump is pooched (doesn't have pressure) I can test a brand new one that does on my FPR.

Going to try the opposite hose on the FPR if no dice I'll hook up the new pump or maybe get an adapter to check pressure in the line, whichever comes first. 

Hoping I won't be shelling out 100 bones for a new FPR, keep you posted...

TSBT

Silver member
Silver member
So I bought these stupid adapters thinking I could tap into my compression tester with fuel lines, no dice, I tried. So I'll be hitting an automotive store tomorrow for a proper fuel pressure testing kit. Basically the pump can't pump fuel thru either hole on the regulator. The pump works, there's decent pressure everytime I pull the hose off, and for all I know it could be 36psi which isn't much, but to be absolutely sure before I pull the trigger on a new FPR I figured I'd better test this pump as well. If it's 15psi I've got a new pump and fuel filter standing by that just arrived. 

It really sucks being in Canada because you get gouged like a Ignition works, there's sparks, fuel, but no start. - Page 2 652573 on shipping over borders for parts. Also looking into a possible $50 VW reg. But in the end, time is of the essence, weather is waning and I need to get this baby back on the road for a trip real soon. Keep you posted.

c

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
The VW reg is that like a classic vehicle or limited use reg? If so $50 is a good deal.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
TSBT wrote:It really sucks being in Canada because you get gouged like a Ignition works, there's sparks, fuel, but no start. - Page 2 652573 on shipping over borders for parts.
Aren't you in TO, near the border?  I am very near the border in BC, and just have it shipped to a shipping/receiving company on the US side and pick up from there.  Way faster shipping inside the US and super cheap, lots of ebay shipping free.

1988 K100RS SE VIN 01477554

TSBT

Silver member
Silver member
club_c wrote:
TSBT wrote:It really sucks being in Canada because you get gouged like a Ignition works, there's sparks, fuel, but no start. - Page 2 652573 on shipping over borders for parts.
Aren't you in TO, near the border?  I am very near the border in BC, and just have it shipped to a shipping/receiving company on the US side and pick up from there.  Way faster shipping inside the US and super cheap, lots of ebay shipping free.
I'm near the border as in 2.5 hours, a mechanic friend mentioned getting his stuff shipped to a UPS station/box or something near Niagara Falls. It's just been hard to justify the trip as most orders I do happen piece meal, I should just save up a bunch of parts and do it once. The pains of learning as you go that new parts need replaced I guess. But yes, tack on another 40-50 bucks handling fee or broker fee on most things. Thinking I might do this soon as parts are piling up anyway, just need a kick in the pants. Or the wallet.

TSBT

Silver member
Silver member
RicK G wrote:The VW reg is that like a classic vehicle or limited use reg? If so $50 is a good deal.
I don't have a lot of info on it Rick, was told the VW was $50 could be old info now that I'm digging, here's the one that apparently works on a K75 but the price is still high VW FPR

And another same part# Porsche 914 FPR slightly cheaper

Not worth experimenting for $20 savings from the orig. Bosch K100 FPR 

Anyway...

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
TSBT wrote:
club_c wrote:
I'm near the border as in 2.5 hours, a mechanic friend mentioned getting his stuff shipped to a UPS station/box or something near Niagara Falls. It's just been hard to justify the trip as most orders I do happen piece meal, I should just save up a bunch of parts and do it once. The pains of learning as you go that new parts need replaced I guess. But yes, tack on another 40-50 bucks handling fee or broker fee on most things. Thinking I might do this soon as parts are piling up anyway, just need a kick in the pants. Or the wallet.
Have you looked at Kinek
When I had my sidecar shipped from Florida, I was first considering having it delivered at the Kinek facility in Houlton(ME). The bike was finally delivered to my motel parking lot, but the temporary license from Maine was sent to Kinek.
A lot of Canadian living near the US border are using their service.

Cost for holding a package for up to 30 days are:
0.00 lbs - 10.00 lbs $5.00
11.00 lbs - 20.00 lbs $5.00
21.00 lbs - 30.00 lbs $6.00
31.00 lbs - 40.00 lbs $7.00
41.00 lbs - 50.00 lbs $8.00
51.00 lbs - 60.00 lbs $9.00
61.00 lbs - 99.00 lbs $10.00
100.00 lbs or more $25.00
Skid/Pallet Fee $27.50

This is way cheaper than shipping to Canada and you avoid brokerage fees and HST.

Ignition works, there's sparks, fuel, but no start. - Page 2 Frog15Ignition works, there's sparks, fuel, but no start. - Page 2 Logo2101986 k75, 1985 K100rt, 1985 K100rt/EML GT2 sidecar, 1999 K1200lt/Hannigan Astro Sport sidecar.

TSBT

Silver member
Silver member
Crazy Frog wrote:
TSBT wrote:
club_c wrote:Aren't you in TO, near the border?  I am very near the border in BC, and just have it shipped to a shipping/receiving company on the US side and pick up from there.  Way faster shipping inside the US and super cheap, lots of ebay shipping free.
Have you looked at Kinek
When I had my sidecar shipped from Florida, I was first considering having it delivered at the Kinek facility in Houlton(ME). The bike was finally delivered to my motel parking lot, but the temporary license from Maine was sent to Kinek.

Skid/Pallet Fee $27.50

This is way cheaper than shipping to Canada and you avoid brokerage fees and HST.

Thank you Crazy Frog, what a great concept I'm all over that!

TSBT

Silver member
Silver member
So today I finally hooked it up to the FPR and did a fuel compression test...
Ignition works, there's sparks, fuel, but no start. - Page 2 Setup10

the needle shot up just over 60...
Ignition works, there's sparks, fuel, but no start. - Page 2 Over-610

...then dropped immediately to 35. 
Ignition works, there's sparks, fuel, but no start. - Page 2 Stabli10

Who had money on the FPR? I think Krambo called it a while back.

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
TSBT wrote:
Crazy Frog wrote:
Have you looked at Kinek

Skid/Pallet Fee $27.50

Thank you Crazy Frog, what a great concept I'm all over that!
Welcome.

And if you want to have heavy/big parts (Engine, frame, or complete bike) shipped for a decent price you should look at UShip.
Anyways, you will make enough money from people betting on the FPR that any shipping fees from the US will be cover. Ignition works, there's sparks, fuel, but no start. - Page 2 44271

Ignition works, there's sparks, fuel, but no start. - Page 2 Frog15Ignition works, there's sparks, fuel, but no start. - Page 2 Logo2101986 k75, 1985 K100rt, 1985 K100rt/EML GT2 sidecar, 1999 K1200lt/Hannigan Astro Sport sidecar.

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
... and the Left Coast is still looking for the injectors to pay off....

TSBT

Silver member
Silver member
 club_c wrote:... and the Left Coast is still looking for the injectors to pay off....
FPR is toast Club_c, not a single drop came out of it thru any hole. Tried both. And at 60psi from the pump I was hoping for a little. Think it's kaput-ski. Hoping the injectors aren't too but that's another chapter, one step at a time. Does someone owe someone moula, or should we wait till the brick starts?Big thumb

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
This story is far from over TSBT!  When she's running we will settle accounts!

TSBT

Silver member
Silver member
So I drove to my Kinek location upon the advice of some really smart people on this thread, south of the border I had it all organized with several packages waiting, saved all this dough on shipping and border charges, even got the wave through from the border guard without paying duty!! got home opened the box and I ordered the wrong FPR :BW:

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum