BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Headlight Diameter Empty Headlight Diameter Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:51 pm

Pedro220

Pedro220
Can anyone tell me what the correct diameter of a "naked" K100 round sealed beam H4 headlight should be ?

2Back to top Go down   Headlight Diameter Empty Re: Headlight Diameter Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:13 am

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Pedro,
I thought they were all oblong, I am sure all those in the fairings were.
Regards,
K-BIKE

3Back to top Go down   Headlight Diameter Empty Headlight Diameter Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:37 am

Pedro220

Pedro220
K-Bike,
Thanks.
You are right that the RSs and RTs have oblong headlamps but the unfaired K100s and K75s had round lights.
I have a K100 with a non standard fairing and a round headlamp. I need to replace it and I would like to know the diameter of a standard headlight to be sure that it will fit.

4Back to top Go down   Headlight Diameter Empty Headlight Diameter Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:59 pm

Comberjohn

Comberjohn
Life time member
Life time member
According to the original BMW manual its 180mm or a standard 7" in old money. Don't forget to make sure that you obtain one with the correct dip pattern for driving on the 'wrong' side of the road.

http://www.johnsdrivingschool.co

5Back to top Go down   Headlight Diameter Empty Re: Headlight Diameter Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:59 am

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
We don't have many if any of those here that I have seen anyway. But I suspect that a car headlight could be pressed into service and may be available from a breakers yard.
Regards,
K-BIKE

6Back to top Go down   Headlight Diameter Empty Re: Headlight Diameter Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:29 pm

Pedro220

Pedro220
Many thanks.
Comberjohn - you are right about the dip; that´s why I am changing the headlight
It´s a UK bike that I am reregistering for Spain and I wasn´t sure that the existing light was standard.

7Back to top Go down   Headlight Diameter Empty Headlight Diameter Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:49 pm

Comberjohn

Comberjohn
Life time member
Life time member
I see Motorworks have both UK and Euro versions, but at a price!
K-Bike is right, you could use a unit from a car and save lots of money.

http://www.johnsdrivingschool.co

8Back to top Go down   Headlight Diameter Empty Re: Headlight Diameter Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:57 pm

Pedro220

Pedro220
Comberjohn,
Thanks I will follow up.
For sure a new headlight from BMW is prohibitive.
Motorworks is pricey but at least the exchange rate is in my favour

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum