BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Side stand bolts - different lengths Empty Side stand bolts - different lengths Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:42 am

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
Chaps,

Ordered a replacement side stand bolt and the new item is a tad longer.  Any ideas why the difference in length?  Real OEM states that the length required for a 75S is 50 mm, which is the longer bolt , but it protrudes too far and will interfere with the clutch connecting bracket. 

And just to add to the confusion, the bolt head sizes are different as well.  16 & 17mm. 

Thoughts, ideas, explanations? 

Side stand bolts - different lengths Img_4212

Dave

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
there is an optional ring - thing that lets you lubricate ( via grease gun ) the pivot area of the sidestand

fits between the head of the bolt and the side stand - bracket -  pushes grease up to the pivot bush

same thing happened to me too

till I got a later centre - side stand combination and found the lubrication adaptor fitted to it  which explained a lot

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks Charlie. 

Makes sense, although the frame already has a small opening for using a pointed grease gun nipple.  As the bush has a channel for the grease, I assumed these would work together. 

I did briefly toy with the idea of tapping a thread into the nipple area but realised it would be a waste of time.  A small syringe of grease should do the trick. 

Dave.

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
Side stand bolts - different lengths Nippel10

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum