BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Side stand bolts - different lengths Empty Side stand bolts - different lengths Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:42 am

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
Chaps,

Ordered a replacement side stand bolt and the new item is a tad longer.  Any ideas why the difference in length?  Real OEM states that the length required for a 75S is 50 mm, which is the longer bolt , but it protrudes too far and will interfere with the clutch connecting bracket. 

And just to add to the confusion, the bolt head sizes are different as well.  16 & 17mm. 

Thoughts, ideas, explanations? 

Side stand bolts - different lengths Img_4212

Dave

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
there is an optional ring - thing that lets you lubricate ( via grease gun ) the pivot area of the sidestand

fits between the head of the bolt and the side stand - bracket -  pushes grease up to the pivot bush

same thing happened to me too

till I got a later centre - side stand combination and found the lubrication adaptor fitted to it  which explained a lot

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%OSide stand bolts - different lengths Au-log10

'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks Charlie. 

Makes sense, although the frame already has a small opening for using a pointed grease gun nipple.  As the bush has a channel for the grease, I assumed these would work together. 

I did briefly toy with the idea of tapping a thread into the nipple area but realised it would be a waste of time.  A small syringe of grease should do the trick. 

Dave.

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
Side stand bolts - different lengths Nippel10

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum