BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   New Guy from Idaho Empty New Guy from Idaho Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:10 pm

paulespo

paulespo
Hi to every one. I stumbled accost this site and like the fact the it deals with  BMWK 100 bikes. There seems to be a lot of good information on it.
I have a 1985 K 100 RT that I'm in the process of restoring. It has 94,000 and counting. Finding parts is a challenge and the manual does not have all the facts but with the help of this forum I think I can get it into pristine condition.

2Back to top Go down   New Guy from Idaho Empty Re: New Guy from Idaho Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:40 pm

mtndv8

mtndv8
Greetings Paul,

I'm a new owner ('85 K100RS) and new to this site as well.
Incredible knowledge lives here! I'm sure you'll find all the help you need!

My father and uncle lived in Caldwell for years. There's at least one other and I think a couple other members in Boise. Let me know if you make it up McCall way...

...nice weather predicted here for later in the week.

Aloha,
mtndv8

3Back to top Go down   New Guy from Idaho Empty Re: New Guy from Idaho Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:19 am

brickrider

brickrider
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Paulespo.  Yes, Boise has a K-bike rider!
Sorry to read you find locating parts a problem.  Big Twin has everything one needs.  Big Twin is your friend. It's nearby as well.

4Back to top Go down   New Guy from Idaho Empty Re: New Guy from Idaho Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:31 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
"There seems to be a lot of good information on it."

Seems to be?

We know everything! What we don't know, we'll make up!

Trust us and welcome to the Forum! Very Happy

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

5Back to top Go down   New Guy from Idaho Empty Re: New Guy from Idaho Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:00 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
welcome paul

ride well mate ....tons of information in here if you care to search for it

and that  isn't hard at all..... with the search feature, back at the "portal page "   https://www.k100-forum.com/portal

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

6Back to top Go down   New Guy from Idaho Empty Re: New Guy from Idaho Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:22 pm

Kyle10

Kyle10
Life time member
Life time member
paulespo wrote:"Finding parts is a challenge..."

Welcome, FNG from I  Razz

It's been said before but here it's like having an auditorium (sanitarium) full of savvy Kbikers on your side. Best forum around. 

I've located a lot of parts by setting up a series of Google Alerts and deploying a good dose of patience. 
Establish a Gmail account (if without currently) then go here to set them up. 

You'll find bargains and rarities and likely be one of first to get a crack at them.

Last edited by Kyle10 on Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : shpelling)

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum