BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   K100RS exhaust modifications. Empty K100RS exhaust modifications. Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:54 am

Shaggy916

Shaggy916
G'day everyone.

I am giving my K100RS a ground up overhaul and would like peoples advice and knowledge on a couple of things I plan on doing.

Firstly: The exhaust. I have seen a couple of videos recently where the owners of K100s have cut of the silencer just after its mounting point, down by the left heel, effectively removing half of it. There are two immediate bonus's, less weight and it looks so much better! My question is this; do you have to do anything to the engine management chip?

Secondly: I want to remove the airbox and run individual filter pods on each throttle body. My question is the same here too; do you have to do anything to the engine management chip?

Any advice people...

Many thanks from Shaggy.

2Back to top Go down   K100RS exhaust modifications. Empty Re: K100RS exhaust modifications. Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:14 am

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
Shaggy916 wrote:Secondly: I want to remove the airbox and run individual filter pods on each throttle body.

You can't....inside the airfilter housing it's a air flow meter, which is needed
for fuel injection to function.

3Back to top Go down   K100RS exhaust modifications. Empty Re: K100RS exhaust modifications. Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:47 pm

Kyle10

Kyle10
Life time member
Life time member
Also, there's no chip. Think analog (really).
Here's a video that will set you on the path of understanding it. His series on this is applicable to your bike.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum