BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Stainless fittings Empty Stainless fittings Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:17 am

badgerdid

badgerdid
Silver member
Silver member
Found this site for stainless fittings, theres no minimum order for each fitting etc.
I ordered variouse bolts and they arrived very quick.

I liked it because i could just order the amount i needed of each.

http://www.stagonset.co.uk

And no i dont work for them, lol.

2Back to top Go down   Stainless fittings Empty Re: Stainless fittings Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:26 am

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Thanks for the information.

I added this company to this site links page

3Back to top Go down   Stainless fittings Empty Re : Stainless fittings Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:44 pm

Dennis

Dennis
Platinum member
Platinum member
Please all, take care when exchanging bolts etc for stainless. Some stainless grades are of much lower tensile strength that the original items. They look nice I agree (I use some myself) but be very wary of changing out structural bolts, brake caliper bolts, front disc mounting bolts etc.
Also, there is always the issue of thread galling, that is, if tightened up dry, one can have problems when wanting to undo them later. Safest way to prevent this problem is to use a PTFE based paste on the threads.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum