BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Liquid gasket for the water/oil pump Empty Liquid gasket for the water/oil pump Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:06 pm

bmwk100rs

bmwk100rs
Silver member
Silver member
Is Three Bond 1207B still the recommended best choice or is Permatex Ultra Black a better choice?

RS Rider

RS Rider
Gold member
Gold member
I've used the Permatex Ultra Black with zero issues. Rebuilt my pump and had just the cover off on a couple of other occasions. Follow their directions for usage. Run a small bead (don't smear it with your finger). Finger tight on the bolts and then torque to spec after one hour if I recall correctly. Let cure for 24 hours before adding fluids. You should be fine. Never had so much as a drip.

Gaz

Gaz
Life time member
Life time member
+1 on the Permatex. Exactly as advised by RS Rider.

Cheers

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
Threebond. Always Threebond. Get it wrong with Permatex and you can end up with bits of silicone in your coolant (not as bad as getting it in the oilways but...). Get it wrong with Threebond and it still tends to stay stuck to itself. Downside? It's a bit more difficult to clean off if you need to remove the cover again. I can live with that Very Happy

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

poddy

poddy
Silver member
Silver member
Mmmm love permatex. Though am amazed at the amount of products we have the choice of nowadays. Poddy

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum