BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

SunnyPerth

SunnyPerth
Hi all. 

While my k100rs is back on the road and all good, started with the ‘paint of fairing’ of my k1100lt. That turned out to be a complete resto; to many things need attention. So while the frame and few parts have been powder coated, and I’ve cleaned up engine, I now slowly start to build the bike up again. 

1993 k100lt

Today looking at the water/oil pump that needs a new shaft and all seals. I’ve got the seals and will get a new shaft from Munich all good there. 
However the old water seal; while I have most bits out, the main part is stuck in the pump housing. 
Any tips to get it out ? It’s slowly getting mall formed, tried driving it out from the back but that just starts to destroy the ‘cup’ part of the old seal. 
Have heated it up with the heat gun, now sitting in some penetrant… looks like it’s fused with the alu housing. 

help & tips appreciated 😬

SunnyPerth

SunnyPerth
Crisis averted!

All good, the seal gave in today and slowly popped out. Looks like the metal inner of the old seal was sort of fused with the alu body of the pump, but combination of the force and penetrant / heat helped to get it out. Also the oil seal followed quickly after. Just need to fix the shaft now and then can put it all back together. (Using the instructions on various pages etc)

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
Thread moved from Troubleshooting - General to Troubleshooting - Engine & Transmission.

The Mystic, Big Block, 2nd K1200RS, K12R & K13 are running & ridable.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum