BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

51Back to top Go down   FI relay not pulling in - Page 2 Empty FI relay Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:08 pm

daveyson

Life time member
Life time member
22 posts. There was a thread similar to this where the problem was fixed by replacing the fuel injection relay.

Edit: But this is a very interesting side stand thread, I wouldn't have thought that topic would be. It's probably about here where someone might chip in with "you guys crack me up"

Last edited by daveyson on Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

52Back to top Go down   FI relay not pulling in - Page 2 Empty Re: FI relay not pulling in Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:20 pm

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
But it ain't the relay... keep goin' gents! Laughing

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

53Back to top Go down   FI relay not pulling in - Page 2 Empty Re: FI relay not pulling in Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:39 am

firstle

firstle
Life time member
Life time member
Dai wrote:
firstle wrote:
guzzi decided that even with the side stand locked the bike could still roll forwards or backwards (must have been a steep hill) so the side stand also put the rear brake on , good idea .
That was only the IdroConvert because of the slush bucket (hydraulic drive).
i did wonder what it was off , i had a T3 or most of which i built a 3 wheeler out of , the rear calliper came with the bike with the extra cable operation parts but not fitted , it worked well but the 3 wheeler was a death trap JZR , looked and sounded great

54Back to top Go down   FI relay not pulling in - Page 2 Empty Re: FI relay not pulling in Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:01 am

firstle

firstle
Life time member
Life time member
Point-Seven-five wrote:My Hondas had this little rubber thingie that hung down about an inch below the pad on the end of the side stand. 

FI relay not pulling in - Page 2 Sidest10When the bike was parked on the stand, the rubber was deflected so the bike's weight was supported on the end of the side stand.  If you tried to ride off without raising the stand, the first time the bike was leaned a little to the left the rubber hit the ground and flipped the stand up. 

I cut it off of my bikes, and somehow never had a problem.
i have the same on my gold wing now , it also has a ware limit marked part way up , again hits the road to easy

55Back to top Go down   FI relay not pulling in - Page 2 Empty Re: FI relay not pulling in Sun May 21, 2023 6:07 pm

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
Resurrected this because I never did find the solution FI relay not pulling in - Page 2 44271 FI relay not pulling in - Page 2 44271 

Actually, I began to suspect I'd made a booboo somewhere in the wiring loom. Frustratingly, no amount of fault-finding would pin the problem down so I left it to fester for a few weeks while I earned some money using my backside to polish the chair in my office. I decided to start again with a second loom, but this time I'd build just enough to connect up the parts needed to actually start the engine.
Needless to say, this afternoon it fired up on the first touch of the button and purred away very contentedly. FI relay not pulling in - Page 2 259495 FI relay not pulling in - Page 2 259495 FI relay not pulling in - Page 2 259495

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum