BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Low idle after throttle body sync Empty Low idle after throttle body sync Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:45 pm

lucki

lucki
Silver member
Silver member
I should have left well enough alone!

Bike was running great! I had to fiddle.

Did throttle body sync, went well using two bottles. Set number three at turn and a half off bottom. But then idle around 800. Tried to adjust linkage but to get 1000 rpm the adjuster didn't have enough thread, as shown. Now number three cylinder adjusting screw, when I started, was three and a half turns off bottom. So to get idle up a bit I opened all screws another half turn.
Should I resync using three and a half turns off bottom for number three?
What's that little screw for near the cable?
Puzzled!
Low idle after throttle body sync Img_2056

lucki

lucki
Silver member
Silver member
Got it. Running fine again. I jumped the gun on this post, sorry.

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
cheers

4Back to top Go down   Low idle after throttle body sync Empty Re: Low idle after throttle body sync Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:01 am

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
lucki wrote:Got it. Running fine again. I jumped the gun on this post, sorry.
D'ya mind telling us us what was overlooked initially? Otherwise we can delete the post entirely so it's not a question left unanswered for all K Bike eternity.
scratch

1977 R75/7-100, '93 K11/K12 Big Block, '93 K1100RS, '95 R100 Mystic, '96 K1100RS, 2 x '98 K1200RS, '06 K1200R & '09 K1300GT. Projects: 1993 & '96 K1100RS, & one '98 K1200RS. The R100 Mystic, K11/12 Big Block, 2nd K1200RS, K1200R & K1300GT are running, rego'd & ridable.

lucki

lucki
Silver member
Silver member
The saga continues.
Idle speed up did not turn adjuster far enough , goof.
Put the bottles back on today to adjust throttle bodies. Idle at 1000 rpm, fast idle lever off.
Could not get bottles to balance, set #3 at one and a half, two and three would suck bottles dry no matter how you adjusted screws. Even pinched the line between bottles to reduce action vaccum. Must be another issue. Thoughts?

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
lucki wrote:Did throttle body sync, went well using two bottles. Set number three at turn and a half off bottom. But then idle around 800. Tried to adjust linkage but to get 1000 rpm the adjuster didn't have enough thread, as shown.

Low idle after throttle body sync Img_2056
I don't see the idle speed adjuster in your photo. I see the increased starting speed ("choke") adjuster. The arrow in one of the attached photographs indicates the idle speed adjusting screw on a k100 as illustrated in the 1988 BMW K100/K75 manual from this site's Tech Page; the other shows a K75 adjuster. You have some readjustment to do. Low idle after throttle body sync Scree272

Low idle after throttle body sync S-l96010

7Back to top Go down   Low idle after throttle body sync Empty Re: Low idle after throttle body sync Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:37 pm

Point-Seven-five

Point-Seven-five
Life time member
Life time member
lucki wrote:The saga continues.
Idle speed up did not turn adjuster far enough , goof.
Put the bottles back on today to adjust throttle bodies. Idle at 1000 rpm, fast idle lever off.
Could not get bottles to balance, set #3 at one and a half, two and three would suck bottles dry no matter how you adjusted screws. Even pinched the line between bottles to reduce action vaccum. Must be another issue. Thoughts?
Sounds to me like a vacuum leak in the bottle on #3 cylinder.  Try swapping the bottles and see if you suck all the fluid from #2.

Past:
1994 K75RT "Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS"
1988 K100RS SE "Special Ed"
1994 K75S "Cheetos"
1992 K100RS "Moby Brick" R.I.P.
1982 Honda FT500
1979 Honda XR185
1977 Honda XL125
1974 Honda XL125
1972 OSSA Pioneer 250
1968 Kawasaki 175

lucki

lucki
Silver member
Silver member
No vacuum leak in bottles. Used little vide grips on hose that connects bottles to damped fluid transfer. Going on a 200km trip tomorrow so just set it by ear (am deaf). To do this I started on #3 by turning in till I got an engine stumble then opened till smooth. The on to#2 then 1. These bottles had no trouble doing twins and 4cyl bikes.Low idle after throttle body sync Img_2057Low idle after throttle body sync Img_2057Low idle after throttle body sync Img_2057Low idle after throttle body sync Img_2057

lucki

lucki
Silver member
Silver member
Sorry about the photo stutter above!

Got the bike warmed up and at 1000rpm then sprayed brake cleaner at the base of each injector. Engine speed increased when base of one and two sprayed three is fine. Is the vacuum leak the o rings on injector or what? Any cheap fix like dealer or?

10Back to top Go down   Low idle after throttle body sync Empty Re: Low idle after throttle body sync Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:49 pm

lucki

lucki
Silver member
Silver member
Sealer not dealer

11Back to top Go down   Low idle after throttle body sync Empty Re: Low idle after throttle body sync Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:53 pm

Suzi Q

Suzi Q
Life time member
Life time member
Leaks between the inlet rubbers and the cylinder head are not uncommon, and pretty much guaranteed if they've been removed and replaced without sealant. The incidence of this occurring is roughly equal to the incidence of owners attacking the Screws Of Death (aka the throttle linkage screws) in an effort to get things right  Very Happy.

12Back to top Go down   Low idle after throttle body sync Empty Re: Low idle after throttle body sync Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:34 pm

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
Particularly if the remover didn't clean the top of the engine thoroughly and managed to trap a bit of shite under the inlet rubber when screwing it back on.

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

13Back to top Go down   Low idle after throttle body sync Empty Re: Low idle after throttle body sync Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:03 pm

lucki

lucki
Silver member
Silver member
I just took a.look with a better.light. You can see a crack in the rubber of #2. Can it be repaired or must I bent over and take it from bmw?

14Back to top Go down   Low idle after throttle body sync Empty Re: Low idle after throttle body sync Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:34 pm

bad boy

bad boy
Life time member
Life time member
rule number one:
when in doubt, replace all the intake rubber

don't ask me how I know

Low idle after throttle body sync 9438-010

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum