BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   85 k100 choke vs. t.p.s. Empty 85 k100 choke vs. t.p.s. Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:45 am

whhoon

whhoon
Good morning all;

i'll begin I know it's not a choke, how about calling it a cold start lever? Now my question, I've read the cold starting procedures threads and I guess what I'm really asking is , with the lever in the first position should the t.p.s. have already clicked from the small amount of opening? As a note , at the moment mine does , and while normal riding I don't seem to ever have the throttle that far closed to bother anything? Or maybe it,s just me being overtight about nothing? THANK YOU!!!!!!

2Back to top Go down   85 k100 choke vs. t.p.s. Empty Re: 85 k100 choke vs. t.p.s. Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:56 am

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
The TPS should click as soon as the throttle is opened even a tiny bit. So the 'choke' lever action will cause that to occur when used. And when you come off throttle completely it should activate giving you increased deceleration since it cuts fuel flow. I think it's active on decel between 2000 rpm and idle if set right?

3Back to top Go down   85 k100 choke vs. t.p.s. Empty Re: 85 k100 choke vs. t.p.s. Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:48 pm

whhoon

whhoon
Thank you very much. I wasn't sure if it was not to happen untill position 2 , giving the computer the signal to enrich the injecters.

4Back to top Go down   85 k100 choke vs. t.p.s. Empty Re: 85 k100 choke vs. t.p.s. Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:49 pm

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
No the 'choke' is only a throttle lock really. Mixture enrichment is a function of temp and air flow for the most part.

5Back to top Go down   85 k100 choke vs. t.p.s. Empty Re: 85 k100 choke vs. t.p.s. Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:16 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Club_c is correct the "choke" is only a means of holding the throttle part open, all mixture control is done from the temperature sensors and the air flow metering interacting in the injection control brains.
Regards,
K-BIKE

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum