BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

51Back to top Go down   Balancing throttle bodies - Page 2 Empty Re: Balancing throttle bodies Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:58 pm

Rick G

admin
admin
Inge K. wrote:About changing TB`s, in another forum a guy aiming a bit higher and put K12 TB`s on a K75.

Inge K.

That would be interesting on a 75 they always seem to be wanting more air to me. They are a very underrated engine and have a lot of potential in the right hands.

52Back to top Go down   Balancing throttle bodies - Page 2 Empty Re: Balancing throttle bodies Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:58 am

@Rene, they do fit, but there is a bit of tweaking necessary. They're about 2mm larger in diametre but the mounting points are the same, though they may be a tight squeeze into the original K100 intake sleeves. It's a bit like bolting on slightly bigger carbies only it's just the air volume you're enlarging, not fuel and air.

Here's a series of questions about the subject topped off by a comment by 'TheMason' dated 2009:

http://f3.webmart.de/f.cfm?id=2385371&r=threadview&t=3610859&pg=1

Unfortunately he's wrong about the injectors going into the head on a K1100 since they squirt into an intake flange at the base of the TB.

53Back to top Go down   Balancing throttle bodies - Page 2 Empty Re: Balancing throttle bodies Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:11 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
i rekon it'll go well twb .......me being the suicidal maniac would be widening the tb rubers /head port to smooth up the inlet ports for even more flow ....grin

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

54Back to top Go down   Balancing throttle bodies - Page 2 Empty Re: Balancing throttle bodies Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:27 am

Yeah, it's been done, but I'm not inclined to disassemble the K1100 TBs and fit them to the K100's rack. But the height difference of the two sets of TBs might be an issue...the K1100 has flexible hoses that reach down to the TBs and the intake sleeves are a lot taller on that model too. I'm hoping that the K1100 set slip into the K100's rubber intake spigots. I'll have both sets in hand and will have time to compare before doing anything rash. If the ports need a touch of Dremel action it'd mean ripping the head off to do it properly so they'll have to do....but man is it ever tempting.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum