BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Laitch

Life time member
Life time member
Point-Seven-five wrote:Laitch you are always telling people to read something. How about you look at the Y spoke front wheel listings in the fiche link I posted?  It will help you understand what I'm talking about.
I'd need to be interested in understanding the minutiae of inventory control strategy that you're talking about, .75, but I'm not. I just look at the parts fiche. If two different bikes models have the same part number, I'm good to go with the swap. I'm outside the box, where the mists are rising from the rills and the air is redolent of hemlock and oak instead of saturated with odor of laser-generated inventory spreadsheets. Smile

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Inge K. wrote:
boostd4 wrote:  I wasn't sure if there was an obvious difference that one could spot between an early brake wheel and a floating brake wheel.

On early 2V models the discs is mounted by four bolts that goes through the hub,
on the later 4V models (floating) the discs is mounted with six screws on each side.
+10

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

203Back to top Go down   Wider Wheels & Radial Tyres on a K100 - Page 5 Empty Re: Wider Wheels & Radial Tyres on a K100 Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:16 pm

boostd4

boostd4
Silver member
Silver member
Gotcha.

I searched and found pics of the 6 bolt 3-spoke wheel from the later models (mostly 1100's?) and can see the difference.  My wheel definitely has 4 bolts and the wheel I'm interested in has 4 bolts (and only 3 spokes).

I scoured the parts catalog and compared part numbers - the axles and bearings are the same... the pics look slightly different regarding the bushings and what not.  I suppose as long as the width at the axle hub of the wheel is the same, it should be a direct swap (that's the unkonwn) I guess there's really only one way to find out from here (if nobody has done it).  Take the $100 gamble Smile

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
the rim looks right

I don't think there is any gambling required

and a great price by the way ....just get it

if you don't want it, sell it to me  !!!

Last edited by charlie99 on Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

boostd4

boostd4
Silver member
Silver member
You got it!  Smile  I offered him $75 and he countered with $87.50 (shipped).  Sold!  Smile  Just bought some T30 EVO's to go on these wheels once I paint them.  My clip-ons came yesterday along with my vinyl wrap for the tank.  Everything is coming together and I'm super stoked to make progress.  I really wish I had taken better "before" pictures, it's going to be a totally different bike.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
if its been stock before , um... and in need of some tlc
im sure we can guess what it might have looked like
but post the pics of the progression

always good to see a bike get back on the road ...

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum