BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Another 'Back Again' Empty Another 'Back Again' Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:28 pm

johnm

johnm
G'day all. I introduced myself a good while ago, I'd just started riding and was talking about getting a flying brick when my licence grew up.  I've hardly been back since, been busy in the big blue room so I decided it was time to come back and say G'day.

I ended up getting a GSX650 to run out my P's with after the little 250 was taken out from under me by a wayward tourist.  Lack of experience on my part, lack of care on his part.

Been loving the experience of gaining experience, did a 7500KM trip up to the north island with my tent strapped on the back a couple of months ago.  Rain, hail and shine it was good.

As for my idea of getting a K bike, well it's still alive, but for the moment I''m changing to 2cy.  I've just bought a '95 R1100GS with only 30K Km on it as my first BMW bike.  Waiting on it to arrive from the north island so havent ridden it yet, but I'm looking forward to getting my arse on the seat.  I'll still hang 'round here, and if the opportunity comes up to ride with any of you I hope you won't laugh at me for being a bit short on cylinders.

2Back to top Go down   Another 'Back Again' Empty Re: Another 'Back Again' Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:05 pm

92KK 84WW Olaf

Life time member
Life time member
Well, with 2 cylinders you are between half and two thirds of the way to a K bike. But those darn cylinders must get lonely out there on their own. They need company up real close.

But you are very welcome and we would be happy to see you, even if cylindrically challenged. I know we are a long way off from you but we too are happy to have an R with us in the form of Bjorn and occasionally his 8 year old daughter and the Irish Eccentrics would be less without him.

Obviously we may not all have the detailed knowledge of the R but quite a few here know them well and park one up alongside their K so you will certainly get plenty of sound advice. Anyway we will want to hear of your two wheel experience unless one of those is missing too..

1983 K100RS 0011157 Fricka 606 Alaska Blue 29,495 miles Damn K Pox Its a Bat outta Hell Now 58,200 miles. 
1996 K1100LT 0233004 Lohengrin Mystic Red 38,000 miles currently 49,200 miles.
1983 K100RS 0004449 Odette R100 colours 58,000 miles. Sprint fairing now 63,390 miles

Past:
1968 Yamaha 80 YG1
1971 Yamaha 125 YAS-1
1968 Honda 125 SS
1970 Honda CD 175
1973 Honda CB500-4
Honda CX 500

3Back to top Go down   Another 'Back Again' Empty Re: Another 'Back Again' Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:22 pm

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
They seem to reluctantly accept the boxers here, much like the red headed stepchild.  Just don't draw attention to yourself and most won't even know you're around...

1988 K100RS SE VIN 01477554

4Back to top Go down   Another 'Back Again' Empty Re: Another 'Back Again' Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:46 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
A R1100 as the first BMW then you will be expected to get a second BMW and this time you have to accept the word from the Knollegable ones here and get a K.We have a few here who have Rs and we even talk to them at rallies and they dont even have two heads the're just normal people like me hmmm that may not be a good example.
All we really ask is for you to join in the fun.
Welcome back John

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

5Back to top Go down   Another 'Back Again' Empty Re: Another 'Back Again' Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:19 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
"they're just normal people like me hmmm that may not be a good example"

lol! 

Not all of us are as "normal" as RicK...thankfully!

It's a bike...it's a BMW...it's all good!

Welcome John.

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

6Back to top Go down   Another 'Back Again' Empty Re: Another 'Back Again' Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:32 am

moose97

moose97
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome aboard!

7Back to top Go down   Another 'Back Again' Empty Re: Another 'Back Again' Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:12 am

Ghost who rides

Ghost who rides
Life time member
Life time member
Hi John, by the big blue room do you mean the outdoors as in National parks etc or the the SEA?

Stupid question of course it's the SEA, that's why you haven't been in touch!

Welcome back and enjoy that R bike, I think it's fair to say that the members here are BIKE people first.

And K people first... Que?

Motorcycle folk are truly the best you will meet, aware , knowing , caring , ALIVE !

Tassie meet up is on the cards early next year, 'wanna show the guys your patch?

Slam some pics in the Tas '14 thread, talk them in to it!

Ghost

8Back to top Go down   Another 'Back Again' Empty Re: Another 'Back Again' Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:39 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
welcome to the forum john

hey we tag along with those beasts ....no problem at all ....just hoping to turn them to the "dark side"
but in reality we don't want too many folks bidding against us for the privilege of getting another k back on the road

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

9Back to top Go down   Another 'Back Again' Empty Re: Another 'Back Again' Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:38 am

johnm

johnm
Hehe thanks, good people.
Yes, I still have every intention of adding a brick to my stable once I've got the curiosity for two cylinders out of my system, after all I've only ever ridden I4.

Right on both counts, Ghost, the great outdoors as a whole- I do a lot of riding- with a goodly helping of the sea.  My other mistress, and first love (the Mother of my Children is well aware of this), is a wooden ketch who has been in and out of the family for 45 year and I'm currently bringing back to her former glory.

10Back to top Go down   Another 'Back Again' Empty Re: Another 'Back Again' Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:18 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi John,
Great to have you with us.
Regards,
K-BIKE

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum