BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

51Back to top Go down   Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Waterpump seal: Special Tool? Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:19 am

Diver

It didn't appear to be compressing, but perhaps it did. There is a sticky blue sealant on the inside of the seal which binds it to the shaft, preventing any possible movement. The first time I did it, the seal did not compress. When I got the shaft in all the way, with the gear flush with the housing, I should have stopped. I gave it a couple of more turns for good measure and that's when I compressed the seal. After that the shaft was too tight and wouldn't spin freely.

52Back to top Go down   Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Waterpump seal: Special Tool? Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:57 am

Avenger GT

Avenger GT
Life time member
Life time member
The seal does not compress enough to damage it when you pull the shaft through using washers. I used a little light grease on the shaft and it pulled through quite easily. The tightest part of the assembly is the center of the water seal where the "blue goo" is, so you are only pulling against the center of the seal. However when you remove the broken shaft you are putting all the pressure on the water seal and the first thing you hear is a little crack as the seal disintegrates.

53Back to top Go down   Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Waterpump seal: Special Tool? Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:26 pm

Finally_A_K

Finally_A_K
Silver member
Silver member
Avenger GT wrote:However when you remove the broken shaft you are putting all the pressure on the water seal and the first thing you hear is a little crack as the seal disintegrates.

OK, I think I heard that crack sound, I thought I had pulled the shaft through a little too far, maybe .010", so I put the assembled housing & shaft back on my Drill Press to push the shaft back just a bit.
I thought I heard something crack.
That is probably when I ruined the seal, as once fully re-installed my pump leaked coolant right away.

Nothing left to do but try again.....
Thanks all for your patience, and input.

Rick

54Back to top Go down   Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Waterpump seal: Special Tool? Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:13 pm

Avenger GT

Avenger GT
Life time member
Life time member
Every day we learn a little more, usually the hard way. Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Icon_smile I have decided to go the new pump route, should have it by the weekend. Hopefully I should be back on the road next week. I'm beginning to get withdrawl symptoms with the fine weather at the moment and no bike. Fine weather can not be taken for granted in Ireland!!!!! Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Icon_lol

55Back to top Go down   Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Waterpump seal: Special Tool? Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:55 pm

ReneZ

ReneZ
Life time member
Life time member
Team, I wonder if you received all the parts. Normally the new seal comes with a new spacer bush. Furthermore the seal should not be really compressed when you pull it through with a bolt and washers as the shaft seal is on the bit that is supported by the spacers. It could of course be that the shaft is 'sticky' on the new oil seal, but a bit of oil on the shaft should prevent that.
It is important that the gearwheel part ends up against the housing. There should be no clearance between the big gear and the housing. If there is the pump can not work. Normally the gearwheel with shaft will then be pushed in place once fitted against the main engine housing, but then your pump seal will have problems. I had an old pump on the bike, but bought a used one complete on fleabay and refurbished it with new seals. No real issues and it works like a charm. Just don't do it on the morning after the evening before ;-)

Rene

BMW K100 - 1985 (0030029) Scotland Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Rain
BMW K1200GT - 2003 (ZK01223) Florida
BMW K1200GT - 2004 (ZK27240) Australia

56Back to top Go down   Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Waterpump seal: Special Tool? Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:29 am

Finally_A_K

Finally_A_K
Silver member
Silver member
ReneZ wrote: Furthermore the seal should not be really compressed when you pull it through with a bolt and washers as the shaft seal is on the bit that is supported by the spacers. It could of course be that the shaft is 'sticky' on the new oil seal, but a bit of oil on the shaft should prevent that.OK, so how do you pull the shaft though with-out really compressing that seal, because as in my case, that shaft was impossibly tight?
The stack of washers sits on the small end of the seal, and as soon as I started tightening the nut against those washers, that seal completely compressed.
It is important that the gearwheel part ends up against the housing. There should be no clearance between the big gear and the housing. If there is the pump can not work. Normally the gearwheel with shaft will then be pushed in place once fitted against the main engine housing, but then your pump seal will have problems. I had an old pump on the bike, but bought a used one complete on fleabay and refurbished it with new seals. No real issues and it works like a charm. Just don't do it on the morning after the evening before ;-)

Thanks ReneZ,
Rick

57Back to top Go down   Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Waterpump seal: Special Tool? Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:46 am

Diver

Avenger GT wrote:Every day we learn a little more, usually the hard way. Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Icon_smile I have decided to go the new pump route, should have it by the weekend.Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Icon_lol

That was my first choice. I went to my local dealer. The cute little parts chick showed me a diagram on their computer. The entire pump assembly was indicated as such by a couple of large brackets including all the exploded components. I asked for and received assurance that everything within the brackets was included in the assembly, which had one all-inclusive part number. The price was about $300. I paid up front and waited 10 days for the special back-ordered part to come from Germany. When it arrived it was only the cast housing. The real parts guy said someone screwed up; the computer showed that the assembly wasn't available. I explained my assurance and was promptly given a refund. I hope you do better. Good luck. Nice riding weather here in Canada these days! I've burned almost a whole tank of fuel now. Smile

58Back to top Go down   Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Waterpump seal: Special Tool? Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:01 am

Avenger GT

Avenger GT
Life time member
Life time member
Both Motorworks and Motobins in the UK have complete pump assemblies. Cheaper at Motorworks but they will not send to USA or Canada, for whatever reason. Can't see anything on the Motobins site to say that they don't.

http://www.motorworks.co.uk/bmw/products/product.php?f=i&code=BA_15_40_BA_60&shnew=New&model=K75%2F100%2F1100&shnewcode=15&part=Engine&sub_part=Water+pump%2Foil+pump&modelcode=40&partcode=BA&source_code=BA_15_40_BA_60&header_text=&header_text_image=0

http://www.motobins.co.uk/bmw-parts.php?model=K Series

59Back to top Go down   Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Waterpump seal: Special Tool? Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:00 pm

Diver

[quote="Avenger GT"]Both Motorworks and Motobins in the UK have complete pump assemblies. Cheaper at Motorworks but they will not send to USA or Canada, for whatever reason. Can't see anything on the Motobins site to say that they don't.

http://www.motorworks.co.uk/bmw/products/product.php?f=i&code=BA_15_40_BA_60&shnew=New&model=K75%2F100%2F1100&shnewcode=15&part=Engine&sub_part=Water+pump%2Foil+pump&modelcode=40&partcode=BA&source_code=BA_15_40_BA_60&header_text=&header_text_image=0

There's more teeth on those gears than on mine.

60Back to top Go down   Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Waterpump seal: Special Tool? Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:28 pm

Avenger GT

Avenger GT
Life time member
Life time member
There's more teeth on those gears than on mine.

The later pumps have more teeth, but that doesn't matter since they are only meshing with each other, and not with any other gear. The early type gears / shaft are available seperatly. I just added up the cost of the seperate parts and decided that for the extra few Pounds/
Euros/Dollars I would be better off with a new pump.

61Back to top Go down   Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Waterpump seal: Special Tool? Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:58 pm

Diver

I came to the same conclusion, the same way.

62Back to top Go down   Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Waterpump seal: Special Tool? Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:13 pm

Avenger GT

Avenger GT
Life time member
Life time member
I came to the same conclusion, the same way.

Great minds thinking alike!! Or fools seldom differing!! Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Icon_lol

63Back to top Go down   Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Waterpump seal: Special Tool? Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:52 pm

Finally_A_K

Finally_A_K
Silver member
Silver member
Avenger GT, what did you do with the milled down (4mm) cast impeller?
Want to sell it?
I would like to see if it will work with my set-up.
Holy Molley...you're in Ireland...OK...I already know the answer.. Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Icon_eek

Rick

64Back to top Go down   Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Waterpump seal: Special Tool? Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:42 pm

ReneZ

ReneZ
Life time member
Life time member
@ FAK - re compressing the seal. I can only conclude that the shaft was difficult to get through the oil seal. The compression of the seal to a certain level will not harm the seal as long as the force applied is regular and slowly build up. The water seal holds two ceramic rings which are spring loaded to keep them in contact. Instead of having a seal running over the shaft the shaft has a stationary part and the housing has a stationary part. Both have a ceramic running face that is spring loaded to keep them in contact. It is not difficult to do (really!) just take your time and go slow. If stuck, don't force, but ask. Or spent loads of money and buy a new pump.

Rene

65Back to top Go down   Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Waterpump seal: Special Tool? Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:39 am

Finally_A_K

Finally_A_K
Silver member
Silver member
Hi fellaz, well I finally got around to re-building my water / oil pump again.
After much discussion here, and taking notes, I have a functionial pump once again.
I replaced both oil & water seals, got rid of the original cast impeller, and went with the "newer style" little bushing & stamped steel impeller.
The second time around I was much better equipped, and the job went very easily.
So, from now on, whoever still has the old cast impeller and needs to re-build the pump, I say skip that part, and the job will be a one hour affair. (The cast impeller needs to be milled down by 3.8mm to work with the new type water seal)

My road test revealed no leaks.

Thanks to Diver, ReneZ, Avenger GT, and of course Crazy Frog for all their help.

Rick

66Back to top Go down   Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Waterpump seal: Special Tool? Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:10 am

Diver

Glad to hear it. I first knew I had a problem when changing the oil. Oil came out looking OK but when I dropped the filter cover a gush of water came out. Since rebuilding the pump I filled it with cheap 15W40 Diesel oil I had laying around. I wanted to be sure the repair was good and not waste good oil if it wasn't, and also flush out the crankcase and clean her out a bit. Between the rain and my to-do list I haven't yet got 500km on her, but when I do, very soon I'll put some good oil in her. Now I need to find some black crash bars. Anybody?

67Back to top Go down   Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Waterpump seal: Special Tool? Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:33 pm

Avenger GT

Avenger GT
Life time member
Life time member
Back on the road just over a week and 300 odd miles. New pump is a little different to the old one in that the gears have smaller teeth, and the small gear is smaller, and the large gear larger, meaning that the water pump impeller turns more slowly. Probably makes no difference to water circulation as the vanes on the steel impeller are deeper than the old cast one so it takes a bigger "bite". May even help to avoid cavitation at high revs.
Anyway so far so good, I even fixed a small but annoying oil leak on the timing chain cover which was there since I got the bike over five years ago. I know I'm lazy, but if it's not something that will cause the bike ( or car ) to stop up on the road I tend to tolerate it till I can get round to fixing it. Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Icon_cool

68Back to top Go down   Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Waterpump seal: Special Tool? Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:54 pm

ReneZ

ReneZ
Life time member
Life time member
Great news, glad it worked out!!

Rene

69Back to top Go down   Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Waterpump seal: Special Tool? Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:30 pm

yankeeone

Platinum member
Platinum member
Hi, I just did the water pump seals, how do you know if all is well?do you have to run the bike? the gear turns pretty smooth, would it not if the seal was broken?

Thanks
Brian

70Back to top Go down   Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Waterpump seal: Special Tool? Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:38 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
yankeeone wrote:Hi, I just did the water pump seals, how do you know if all is well?do you have to run the bike? the gear turns pretty smooth, would it not if the seal was broken?

Thanks
Brian

Sorry, but the only way to test it is to run the engine.

71Back to top Go down   Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Waterpump seal: Special Tool? Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:55 pm

Finally_A_K

Finally_A_K
Silver member
Silver member
The gear will still move just fine even though the newly installed seal has been compromised during the install.
True story.....

Rick

72Back to top Go down   Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Waterpump seal: Special Tool? Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:55 pm

yankeeone

Platinum member
Platinum member
The pump seals work! Thank you for your help,
Brian

73Back to top Go down   Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Waterpump seal: Special Tool? Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:35 pm

LifeGuard

LifeGuard
Silver member
Silver member
1. Is this shaft eligible for replacement? (pits are not deep)

Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Pumpshaft

2. Is there a special grease to affix the seals in the housing?
3. What do I need to buy a new to repair the old type pump:
- 11511464902 SPACER BUSH
- 11411741870 SLIP-RING SEAL
- 11411460329 SHAFT SEAL - 12X25X5
- 12311460853 SCREW - M8X22
- 11411460328 O-RING - 7-2
- 11111460392 O-RING - 27,3X2,4
- 11411461173 ROTOR Sad
anything else?

http://tchorzewski.net

74Back to top Go down   Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Waterpump seal: Special Tool? Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:57 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Pumpsh10

75Back to top Go down   Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Waterpump seal: Special Tool? Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:00 am

Dennis

Dennis
Platinum member
Platinum member
Assuming that is the actual gear and shaft, and not a typical example, I would be more concerned about the scores around the gear face, how/why they are there and condition of the casing. Gear pumps rely on minimal end clearance to prevent bypass. I suggest you have a really close look at the mating components of the assembly, some lapping may be required to get back to tolerance. The engine may have gone for extended periods between oil filter changes, in which case the filter bypass valve may have been opening.

76Back to top Go down   Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Waterpump seal: Special Tool? Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:17 am

LifeGuard

LifeGuard
Silver member
Silver member
I will mill the gear face on the lathe to remove scratches. I will fit the housing to get the desired tolerance

What should be the clearance between the housing and gears (big and small)

77Back to top Go down   Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Waterpump seal: Special Tool? Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:38 am

Dennis

Dennis
Platinum member
Platinum member
Haynes manual states that there are no service limits given, and also no operating pressures are stated, only the minimum pressure range that causes the oil pressure light to come on (3 - 7 psi).
As for the pump internal end clearances, I suggest for a gear pump of that size you need to aim for aroun 0.05 mm (0.002") maximum end clearance (gear face to cover). Check it using Flexi-gauge, do you know the stuff ? Looks like plastic spaghetti and is available in different measurement ranges. Place it in the space (hold with grease), assemble components dry, dismantle and use the scale on the packet to measure the flattened width, which translates to the thickness. The final oil pump assembly must be done very carefully in respect to achieving an oil tight joint at the front engine face. This is a high pressure joint (full pressure before the relief valve). BMW states 3Bond 1209 I think. I used Loctite 515 Master Gasket with the mating surfaces primed with Loctite Primer T and allowed to cure. Do not touch the primed surfaces before applying the 515.
Good luck, hope this helps.

78Back to top Go down   Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Waterpump seal: Special Tool? Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:22 pm

LifeGuard

LifeGuard
Silver member
Silver member
Using Loctite activator (now is 7471) is necessary?

79Back to top Go down   Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Waterpump seal: Special Tool? Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:15 am

Dennis

Dennis
Platinum member
Platinum member
I can only speak from my own experience with my water/oil pump rebuild. I tried twice to effect a seal without priming, but no luck, oil still weeped from the joint, can be felt by poking little finger in the hole the oil pressure switch wire emerges from.
The primer chemically etches the surfaces, preparing them for the curing process for the 515 Master Gasket.
I experimented with the effectiveness of the primer by applying it to 2 zinc plated bolt heads then applying the 515 and allowing to cure, vs just applying the 515 to 2 other bolt heads. The difference in force required to break the seal is quite amazing.
Loctite products cure by removing the air (anearobic curing process).
I couldn't obtain the 3Bond product, so the Loctite had to do, that was 2 years ago, no problems since.

80Back to top Go down   Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Waterpump seal: Special Tool? Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:53 am

LifeGuard

LifeGuard
Silver member
Silver member
In service manual K1100LT BMW don't say anything about Loctite between the engine and oil pump housing...

I know it's not an argument...

Loctite 518 this Loctie is quite stronger

or Loctite 5188

81Back to top Go down   Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Waterpump seal: Special Tool? Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:14 am

pjjms

Silver member
Silver member
Now I have all of the issues sorted and had a good ride on the bike today it has decided I need to spend more time with it by dumping some oil on the garrage floor. From the hole in the water pump.

Being a low km 85 model I expect the water pump shaft will be the old style so I have a question. Has anybody cut the thread off the end and drilled and tapped it to take a bolt? I don't have it apart yet so don't yet know if the design makes this possible.

82Back to top Go down   Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Waterpump seal: Special Tool? Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:23 am

pjjms

Silver member
Silver member
Another thought, it's leaking out of a hole big enough to fit a small finger into next to the sender, not the drain hole at the bottom of the sump??????

83Back to top Go down   Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Waterpump seal: Special Tool? Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:25 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
oh bugga !!! peter ....

i wonder if thats the hole for the temp sender on the rt models ....is it threaded ? ....(might have to clean it out with some dereaser to see properly )

84Back to top Go down   Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Waterpump seal: Special Tool? Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:37 am

pjjms

Silver member
Silver member
Found this pic on the net. Leaking out of the hole to the right and above the 2 machined holes. The machined holes are the sender and drain I think.

Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 126ftsn

85Back to top Go down   Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Waterpump seal: Special Tool? Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:18 am

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
pjjms wrote:Another thought, it's leaking out of a hole big enough to fit a small finger into next to the sender, not the drain hole at the bottom of the sump??????
I`ll guess your weep hole is blocked, then the oil searching other ways to get out.

Inge K.

86Back to top Go down   Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Empty Waterpump seal: Special Tool? Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:59 am

Dennis

Dennis
Platinum member
Platinum member
I'll almost gaurantee you have a leak at the joint between the pump casing and the engine. The hole you speak of is where the wire for the oil pressure switch threads through and when the joint leaks oil runs around the pump casing and collects in that void space. This happened to me 3 times when I rebuilt my water/oil pump. In the end I managed to get a seal by using Loctite Master Gasket 515 and preparing the surfaces with Loctite Primer T. The manual states a 3Bond product (can't remember the number).

Remember, this joint is under full pump pressure, unlike most other joints on the engine, that's why a high pressure sealant which is not brittle is required. Don't try normal RTV silicone, it will leak, and so will Permatex (both my experience). Hope this helps.

87Back to top Go down   Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Waterpump seal: Special Tool? Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:03 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
ah ! mystery solved dennis .......good work

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

88Back to top Go down   Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Waterpump seal: Special Tool? Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:22 pm

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
Dennis wrote:Don't try normal RTV silicone, it will leak, and so will Permatex.
Could be that I`m just a very lucky guy, had this problem 16 years ago.

And did try 3 or 4 different sealants (did not have the recommended one at hand),
all started to leak after some time.

The last one I did try was Permatex blue RTV, at this day the pump is still dry.

Inge K.

89Back to top Go down   Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Waterpump seal: Special Tool? Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:54 am

pjjms

Silver member
Silver member
You were right Dennis. Took the pump off this morning, resealed and so far no leaks. Used Loctite 510.

Thanks for the help guys.

Peter

90Back to top Go down   Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Waterpump seal: Special Tool? Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:20 am

Avenger GT

Avenger GT
Life time member
Life time member
I used Loctite 5920 Premium Copper silicone on mine over a year ago, and 5000 odd miles later it is still oil tight.

91Back to top Go down   Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Waterpump seal: Special Tool? Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:29 am

robmack

robmack
Life time member
Life time member
Dredging up an old thread to ask "Would Permatex High Heat Red RTV possibly work to bond the pump assembly to the engine block (given Permaex Blue worked at least in Inge's case)?" Reason is I have this in the chemicals drawer in my workshop.

92Back to top Go down   Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Waterpump seal: Special Tool? Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:56 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I have used it for that exact same job and all is well with the pump still, just be careful with the oil drain hole.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

93Back to top Go down   Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Waterpump seal: Special Tool? Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:58 am

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
I am a bit too far from home to check my sealant draw but used a red sealant on the water pump that I think was Permatex Red. It came via a big company that used radial engines which was used to seal against oil not coolant so should be good.

94Back to top Go down   Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Waterpump seal: Special Tool? Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:48 pm

Zisco

Zisco

95Back to top Go down   Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Waterpump seal: Special Tool? Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:50 pm

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member

97Back to top Go down   Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Waterpump seal: Special Tool? Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:16 pm

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
The images cannot be seen.

Last edited by Laitch on Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

98Back to top Go down   Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Waterpump seal: Special Tool? Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:14 pm

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
From the images below (in your 2nd attempt) I'd say your waterpump shaft is 'toast', will not seal successfully, and will tear up a new seal.

99Back to top Go down   Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Waterpump seal: Special Tool? Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:28 pm

moriarti

moriarti
Life time member
Life time member
Zisco your shaft is so so shafted best to use it for a paper weight,motorworks will find a good S/H unit for not a lot of money.That is what i had to do for my K.

100Back to top Go down   Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Waterpump seal: Special Tool? Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:42 pm

Zisco

Zisco
Thanks you very much, I will a new One buy.

101Back to top Go down   Waterpump seal: Special Tool? - Page 2 Empty Re: Waterpump seal: Special Tool? Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:01 pm

Zisco

Zisco
Hi everyone, I have another question regarding the spacer bush...
I bought a new shaft seal and new slip ring, but in reassembling something seems to me wrong, the spacer bush I have not bought a new one, I used the old one because it looks like the same but I have the impression that it is too long for the new slip ring.... 
If I tighten the bolt the spring of the slip ring, is compressed so much that it blocks the shaft and does not make it turn, however, loosening everything is fine and I have the impression that the spacer Bush is 2mm too long.... I'm doing something wrong or I need to buy a new spacer bush?
thanks

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum