BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

bmwk100rs

bmwk100rs
Silver member
Silver member
The picture below is from the Clymer book (I know it's not the best source of truth) and it recommends to apply sealant to the surface indicated within the black arrows. What about the surface indicated with purple arrows near the coolant passage?  Do you guys apply sealant there? TIA!
Apply sealant to the pump mating surfaces Img_1118

2Back to top Go down   Apply sealant to the pump mating surfaces Empty Sealant Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:02 pm

daveyson

daveyson
Life time member
Life time member
When you remove the pump, I think you'll see an O-ring there, in a groove on the engine face. You can see it on the other drawing above it.

bmwk100rs

bmwk100rs
Silver member
Silver member
daveyson wrote:When you remove the pump, I think you'll see an O-ring there, in a groove on the engine face. You can see it on the other drawing above it.
Sorry daveyson, but I'm not sure I follow.  Do I also need to put sealant on mating surface highlighted with the purple arrows?

4Back to top Go down   Apply sealant to the pump mating surfaces Empty Sealant Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:05 pm

daveyson

daveyson
Life time member
Life time member
No you don't need sealant there, the O - ring will seal the joint there. You can buy one before you start the job and just replace the O - ring, even if it looks good.

It will make a lot more sense after you remove it and can take a look at it.

bmwk100rs

bmwk100rs
Silver member
Silver member
daveyson wrote:No you don't need sealant there, the O - ring will seal the joint there.
Gotcha, thanks daveyson for the clarification. I have indeed a brand new O-ring to place there.  Thanks again, cheers!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum